Thursday, December 2, 2010

Salsa with Tuna (Tuna Salad)

Ingredients:
1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
1/3 cup green onions, chopped
1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, minced
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
lime juice
salt to taste
black pepper to taste

Directions:
In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, green onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice. Refrigerate until serving.

Light and easy lunch. Serve over a bed of greens, or wrapped in romaine lettuce....

If you guys have a better idea please let me know. It's hard without mayo :-(


Tags: tuna salad scarsdale diet, scrsdale diet tuna recipe, scarsdale diet tuna salad

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,
    Thanks for all the wonderful recipes. I really enjoyed them.

    I wanted to give you an idea on how to possibly mix your tuna without all the fat from mayo. I know...I love tuna and can't have it without mayo but I found a secret. Well, with a 5oz can of tuna drained, I use about a couple tablespoons of plain greek yogurt (about 5) and half a tablespoon of light mayo. Make sure you season with salt and pepper for taste. It tastes almost as good as tuna with mayo without all the fat. It impressed me and I hope it does well for you also. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joua
    I don't know a tuna salad that's easier to make. With just a couple of ingredients you can have a delicious lunch. I will give it a try. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.